Saturday, October 17, 2009

Las Vegas - What Happens There...Is Posted Here


I took some time off during the past 2 weeks to get back home, take care of some things and get rejuvenated for the next two tournaments. I also took some time to work at my D1 Athletic Academy with some golfers on their golf fitness and some young LaCrosse players on rotation, flexibility and balance. I will post more about that over the next couple weeks.

I traveled to Las Vegas this week for the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open. This PGA Tournament is being played at TPC Summerlin. I worked with three of my players on Tuesday and Wednesday getting them ready for the first day of competition on Thursday. Tom Pernice, Jr., who won his debut Champions Tour event a week ago is playing along with Ryuji Imada and Chez Reavie, both winners on the PGA Tour.

GolfGym's Ken Pierce and a video crew traveled to Las Vegas from Orange County, California to shoot some great new golf fitness tips and footage that will soon be showing up on our website www.golfgym.com. We arrived on Tuesday morning and the weather was really crummy. We were not expecting to be welcomed by high winds and very cool temperatures in the Nevada desert. Some mist was also on tap for Tuesday while the players prepared for the Thursday start. The weather got a little better on Wednesday, but the winds were still high. You will probably hear the winds howling in some of the video tips we shot there. It was unavoidable.

On Thurdsday, Tom Pernice, Jr. shot a near record 62 to give him the lead after 18 holes. The cut ended up being -4 and Chez Reavie missed by one stroke. Ryuji is playing well and is in the hunt.

We shot some testimonials from the players and they are posted on the website. I am very proud that the guys I work with gave of their time to help us promote the PowerSwing Trainer and PowerBandz. These tools are an essential part of my teaching and training. My guys are also highlighted in my new book coming out in January of next year, "Fix Your Body, Fix Your Swing".

I will be headed to Scottsdale, Arizona next week for the 2009 Frys.com Open to be played at Grayhawk Golf Club. I will post some news from there.

Remember, if you have a question about golf fitness, conditioning, biomechanics or anything else about my coaching on the PGA Tour, just click on this link Ask Joey D or go to golfgym.com and click on Ask Joey D.

Stay Flexible and Strong.
Joey D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home