Thursday, October 23, 2014

Let's Rotate Properly, Shall We!

Rotation, Proper Rotation, Most Effective Rotation

Have you ever heard that the three most important words in real estate are: Location, Location, Location.  Well, in golf the three of the most important words are: Rotation, Rotation, Rotation. If you really want power, distance or accuracy with your golf swing, you must be able to rotate properly.

I go to the gym about 3 - 4 times a week. I like the atmosphere and the energy there. I love using the GolfGym 8 pound PowerBall for much of my exercises, but I don't carry it around in my gym bag.  I donated 2 of them to the gym for anyone to use, and they get lots of use. (I do carry the GolfGym PowerSwing Trainer and a set of PowerBandz to use at the gym?

PowerBallsGym 
The other morning I was going through my shoulder and rotation routine, and I noticed that I was performing one of the movements improperly because I do them facing the wall with all the mirrors. Note: I recommend that whenever you are performing golf specific movement patterns, that you do them in front of a mirror if at all possible. It will help you monitor any extra body movements like swaying or tilting or excessive moving of your head.

I noticed that I was lifting up and coming out of my rotational posture while swinging the PowerBall. Below is a short video demonstrating the exercise and movement pattern:


Did you notice the difference.  It is subtle...but makes a big difference when swinging a golf club. Remember, if you are going to perform exercises to improve your rotation in your golf swing...be sure to do them properly.

Develop good "Motor Pattern Memory" through consistent properly performed exercises.

Thanks for reading and watching.  This is my first VLOG.

We sincerely appreciate your reading this post.
If you like it, please pass it along to a friend.

Ken Pierce
Creator, GolfGym

We would greatly appreciate it if you would:
LIKE Us On Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home